Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Feta Dip

We're starting to think about Thanksgiving over here, so this month I'll be posting two recipes that we're incorporating into our Thanksgiving menu in two weeks. First up: this lemony, garlicky feta dip which I usually make as an appetizer.

Image via
 I first made this dip several years ago and I originally used this recipe, which I've now adapted slightly.

Ingredients:
8 oz package of feta. Use good feta! I always buy a nice block of it and never the pre-crumbled kind
1 lemon - zest the whole lemon and juice half of it
1 clove of garlic, minced
6 tbsp olive oil + extra for drizzling
1 tbsp thyme (I always use dried)
Crackers, carrots and celery for serving

What to do:
In a blender combine the feta, lemon juice, half the lemon zest, garlic and olive oil. Blend for a few seconds until combined and then transfer to a bowl. Drizzle some more olive oil on top and sprinkle with thyme and the remaining lemon zest. I usually serve this with pita chips or crackers as well as carrots and celery.

No comments:

Post a Comment