Monday, February 16, 2015

Pasta with Slow-Simmer Sauce

For February's pasta, I'm sharing our winter go-to: homemade pasta with a ragu sauce that simmers for hours and hours until it's the best ragu sauce you've ever had.


I originally found the recipe on Pinterest, here, and I made it for Valentine's Day two years ago. It was so good that I made it again the next year (again for Valentine's Day) - except last year I added homemade pasta to the mix as well. Then we realized that we don't just have to eat it on Valentine's Day! Now we eat it all winter.

The recipe makes a big batch and it freezes really well (unless you're serving 6-8 people, in which case you might eat it all). In the past, I've substituted dried herbs for the fresh ones that it calls for and that works fine too. It's the perfect thing to eat as we enjoy the last few weeks of winter.


1 comment:

  1. I adore meals like this! Colorful and vibrant and so full of lovely "Italian" flavors

    ReplyDelete